Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Umm, you can't tell anything based on a game against Northwestern State. Given that Iowa State is only slightly better than Northwestern State, I don't think you can tell much based on that game either.
You forgot to include the part where I acknowledged it was an 1AA opponent. [Freak] But that has nothing to do with what I was saying. Before, we would play boring 10 yards off the ball. Now, we're finally mixing things up with blitzing, fake blitzing, etc. That's the type of stuff we were looking for and really the only thing we could take from a game like that. But yeah, no one's saying anything about the results as we won't know anything until we play real competition. (Although I wonder how their offense compares to Rice who was able to move the ball at will against us in the first half. [Uh Oh !] )
Quote:
Who came up with your schedule, anyway? As I look over it, I can't help but wonder how good the Ducks would look if they played that schedule. [Freak]
Not sure, but having the toughest schedule in the nation in '02 probably made us realize this system sucks and we don't need to play any ranked opponents anymore unless it's someone typically over-rated like TCU. SMU and UTEP were left over games from last year and Rice was to finally tap into the Houston market. And, I guess everyone is scheduling a DivII team these days. If you want to know how Oregon would do, UofH is like UTEP and Fresno State is like SMU.