My wife's a Sooner and has wanted to take me to an OU game since we met, insisting it would trump just about any other game experience I've had. I was skeptical but DAMN! She was right!

We spent last Saturday walking the campus and attending the homecoming parade, then it was off to see the Sooners take on Missouri. The attendance was 85,000 and to hear half of them yell "BOOOOMER!" and the other half respond "SOOOOONER!" was unbelievable. You can hear it yourself on YouTube but in person, it is amazing. It rolls like thunder. I also enjoyed seeing the Sooner Schooner come out after each score. My wife was in the band during her college years so she was able to give me a lot of inside scoop about what's going on behind the scenes on game day.

The way that place erupted when OU scored their defensive TD was the 3rd craziest crowd reaction I've ever seen in person. #1 all-time was Tom Dempsey's 63-yard FG in 1970 and #2 was when the Saints blocked a Falcon punt in last season's "return to the Superdome" game.

They went a little crazy too when the P.A. gave the Kentucky-LSU score. wink

I'll post pics from the game soon.