Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]"OU has always been the Billy Ray Cyrus of College Football."

- Colin Cowherd

wink
Get back to me when Colin's got 7 National Championship trophies on his mantle. laugh [/b]
All those are sanction free?

I actually saw a bowl projection that had OU and UO matching up in one of the BCS bowls. With the injuries we've had I doubt Oregon will make a BCS game this year, but I'd sure love to get a big-name Big 12/Big 10 opponent in a bowl this year, because frankly I'd really like our chances. A game against a team like LSU or Florida would be a lot more touch-and-go for Oregon - that defensive speed would be a beast to deal with.

With OU specifically it'd be nice to go out and embarrass that defense again and win without all the whining about the refs. Nismo can empathize.[/b]
Whining, huh? Here's why I disagree. I've watched football for over 40 years and obviously, bad calls are a part of the game. The difference is that the usual bad call is made by a well-intentioned official who makes a mistake. What happened at Oregon last year was different. That was so obviously biased that everybody in the country, including some Oregon fans, could see it and smell it from a mile away. Mr. Oregon himself, Dan Fouts, called the officials out during that broadcast.

So if you're going to sit here and claim you'd watch your team take a screwing like that and say nothing in protest, I'm calling total and complete BS.

You're probably just baiting me, and that's fine. I always have the threat of humiliating you by mentioning those Arena League-reject uniforms if need be.
laugh