Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]A&M isn't a bad job, probably better by most accounts than Tech and worse by most accounts than Nebraska. No way in hell it's a top 10 job, though. Probably not even a top 30 job.
Although I did find the humor, it's definitely a top 30 job... it's just no way even close to the top 10.
Quote:
Originally posted by Coop:
Tom Osborne is back at as at least the interim AD at Nebraska.

It is finally a good day for Husker Fans again.
Lots of work left to do. Isn't he the guy that hired Frank Solich and Bo Pellini? [Freak] [/b]
Oh yeah, there's lots of work to do, but there should be talent there in the football program for the next coaches to utilize

I've always said that Frank got a bad rap... People say there was no talent at NU when he left... Well NFL rosters disagree, I believe there were something like 6 or so guys (who were major contributors) on the team Callahan inherited who were starting in the NFL at the beginning of this season. Husker fans don't seem to remember being a top 10 team in '99, 00, and 01, but we were each of those years. It's tough to say that a guy who gave top 10 teams in 1/2 of his years was a bad hire... Most teams would take that in a heartbeat. Here in Nebraska we were just a bit spoiled.

But Frank hired Bo Pelini himself, Charlie McBride was the DC when T.O. left. Coincidentally, Pelini isn't doing too bad for himself at LSU now, and is one of those coaches that people expect to land a head coach position soon... Some hope he's wearing red again next season.