Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]

(CENSORED!)

Dennis Dixon out, probably done for the year. I feel terrible for him - great kid, and he was crying on the sideline after the reality of what happened sunk in. Then of course the team imploded, and there's almost no chance they can come back from this halftime deficit.

This sucks. frown
It does suck. OK, I wanted Oregon to lose, but not like that. It was a shame to see Dixon go down, especially on a non-contact play. I mean that; I felt bad for him when they showed him on the sideline. But I have to jab you just once, man...you're not going to suggest Stoops put the turf up to injuring him, are you? wink

The guy's a dynamic player and Oregon looked unstoppable on those first couple of drives. But should one player make that much of a difference? They totally folded. I've seen it before, living in the Atlanta area as I do; it's the Mike Vick effect. The Falcons lived or died by Vick as Oregon apparently does with Dixon. You could see the team deflate when he was injured.

Is there a debate up there about whether he should have been playing on that knee?[/b]
Dixon ran the entire offense, and the really was the leader of the entire team. So yeah, one player is that important in this instance.

Regarding the defense comment above, they didn't actually give up all those points (UA's defense scored on some turnovers). They held UA down enough that the offense should have won the game had it not totally folded. The thing that sucks is the QB that'll take over next year, who's ran the spread option since high school, blew his knee out in practice about a month ago. So we're stuck with Leaf the rest of the way.