Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:

EVERY break went against us in this one, from the stupid pick, the punt return for TD that wasn't called back after a blatant illegal block, the fake put on 4th that went for 40 and was then fumbled, etc. BRUTAL game to watch. I woke up about 12 times last night because I couldn't get it out of my mind. Maybe my love for CFB runs a little too deep. laugh
OK, gotta call you out here. You've got some basketball-sized brass ones whining about all those terrible breaks Oregon supposedly got after you called the Sooners "pOUters" for protesting that travesty that happened last year. For those unfamiliar with it:

"An onside kick by Oregon after its first late touchdown was touched by a Ducks player before it traveled the required 10 yards, and the Pac-10 ruled that the ball should have been awarded to Oklahoma. The league also said that video revealed that an Oklahoma player actually recovered the ball.

Officials on the field gave the ball to Oregon, and replay officials did not overturn that decision."

Oregon then scored again and won by a point. The PAC-10 suspended the officials involved and said:

"Errors clearly were made and not corrected, and for that we apologize to the University of Oklahoma, coach Bob Stoops and his players. They played an outstanding college football game, as did Oregon, and it is regrettable that the outcome of the contest was affected by the officiating."

BFD, it was still an L for OU.

Full Story

We both know where we stand on that one so let's not revisit it. I bring it up only to illustrate a point. You said one thing at the time that I was forced to agree with: if Oklahoma had taken care of its business in the first 59 minutes, the refs wouldn't have been in a position to hand Oregon the game. Thus you obviously know that had the Ducks taken care of business vs. Arizona, those "breaks" would've taken care of themselves.

So yeah, Arizona got a few breaks, but in the immortal words of Rod Tidwell in Jerry Maguire, "Well, boo f**kin' hoo."

Some say I'm still bitter. laugh

ETA: Good to know at least one person up there had the integrity to call it what it was...

"The Truth Shall Set You Free" - The Oregonian