Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by JMo:
[b]Funny, that's how OU got most of its fans, the bandwagon.
[LOL]

Damn - I'm actually kinda sorta pulling for OU this weekend either (I need a shower). Don't get me wrong - the Sooners represent all that has ever been wrong with college football. I just don't want a Big 12 team in the national championship game.[/b]
And your teams represent all that's pure and holy about college football, right? :rolleyes:

Don't blame OU for your teams' failure to establish a winning tradition.[/b]
Oregon absolutely sucked at football until the early '90s. Since then they've been ranked in the top 5 several times, have beaten numerous "traditional" national power teams on the field, were wrongfully snubbed from a national title game appearance, and have developed some of the finest football facilties in the country. Right now Oregon's football program can legitimately be considered one of the top 15 or 20 overall programs in the nation. That's a hell of a lot to accomplish in a very short period of time, and Oregon's done it while running a pretty damn clean program.

OU's progam, both in the distant past and more recently, is among the dirtiest in college football. The Sooners have done a ton on the field and I'm not going to diminish that, but the way they've gotten there has left a lot to be desired.

Fuck it.

Go Tigers. [ThumbsUp]