Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
Mizz lost earlier than WVU. That's it. It's no love-fest for the Big 12 North. In fact Oklahoma is favored. Hopefully things correct like they did with Kansas losing.

There are no undefeated teams in contention. Hawaii is undefeated but don't belong to a BCS conference so that is their story. Everyone in the picture has lost. "Backing in" at this point is obvious but it doesn't mean they don't deserve to be there.
Agree that there's no love-fest with the Big 12 north (or south for that matter - not a good conference this year.) The big factor in play is the timing of the loss, though I think the Big 12 is generally still regarded as somewhat better than the Big East (maybe not a valid assumption this year.)

On a side note, the reason we're looking at a Big 12 team versus a Big East team (or perhaps a Big 10 team) for the big game is that these teams had very manageable conferences to deal with this year. There's no way in hell WVU, Mizzou, or tOSU would have run through the Pac 10 (where you play everybody) or SEC with one loss. Not fair, but since when has college football been fair.

I love bowl games, but at times like these I really do think a playoff would be best. Frankly if we ignore resumes and just look at who the two best teams are at this point in the year, I think we'd have a USC-Georgia/LSU national title game.