Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
http://rgweb-c.registerguard.com/blogs/index.php/duckfb/comments/remembering_a_ special_kid/

On a more somber note, the above link is regarding an Oregon commit who was murdered 4 years ago just before he left for Eugene. It would have been senior day for him today, and he going to be honored with the rest of the seniors at Autzen. Puts all this debate in perspective, I guess.

RIP Terrance.
Good story, thanks for sharing. I chose to quote this post rather than your asinine pic above since I hope it better reflects your true character. I hope. :rolleyes:

Anyway, tough loss for Oregon (that somehow escaped your mention)...one thing I can't understand (aside from silver ghost flames on a yellow helmet) is why they didn't just spike the ball on 2nd down to stop the clock just before the missed FG. The kicking team could have set up at their leisure. By the time OT started I was flipping back and forth to the OU telecast but caught a clip of the Oregon coach appearing to tell the QB to spike the ball just before the missed FG. Any insight on what happened?

BTW, I'd love nothing more than to give you some heavy s**t about the end of Oregon's season but it wouldn't be fair. Had Dixon not been injured it would have clearly been a different story. Still, your turn to pOUt. You deserved that one at least. laugh

Glad you seem to have Hillaried back over to Sooner Nation for the Big 12 championship...and that OU came through for you by dominating the "#1 team" from opening whistle to final gun. [Smoking]

In the end, though, you won't hear me saying the Sooners deserve to go to the championship game. My wife and I both agree with (and respect) the point of view given by OU LB Curtis Lofton. From ESPN :

==
Lofton is one of the few Sooners who eyed his team's situation coldly. Asked to explain why Oklahoma should reach the Allstate BCS Championship Game, Lofton said, "I can't really make the case. We controlled our destiny a couple of weeks ago, and we didn't seal the deal. I'll be happy wherever they put us. If they put us there, great. If not, we'll be happy where we go."
==

Well said. [ThumbsUp]