Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Since the majority of them do, it'll be easier for those that don't to adapt them.
That's not going to happen. Not only is the Pac 10 commissioner and all the universty presidents against expansion, there simply aren't two viable candidates on the west coast to include.

I'd also echo the sentiment above that a 10 team conference is a superior configuration. Everybody plays everybody - it makes for a brutal schedule, but it eliminates the paper lions like Kansas. Besides, I don't want to give up any games against the other 9 Pac 10 teams - getting to play everybody is a big reason I love the conference so much.

Same deal in basketball - there's no other conference with as good a schedule. Games are on Thursday and Saturday (occasionally Sunday), and the travel pairs are sweet. For those that don't know, the natrual pairs in essence travel "together" for games. Ie, UO plays UW and OSU plays WSU on Thurs, and they swap on Saturday. Same deal in the bay area, LA, and Arizona. One home game and one road game against every team in the conference.

Bit of a tangent, but oh well. In any event, the Pac 10 hasn't changed since 1978 when it added the Arizona schools, and I don't think any changes are on the horizon anytime soon.

Back to football - have you watched any Hawaii games this year, Nismo? They're sort of up your alley in terms of the offense they run. Though Crabtree is the standout receiver on either team, I think overall Hawaii has the superior receiving corps. Their top 4 receivers are freaking incredible. I don't think Brennan is quite the QB that Harrell has been this year, though he has been battling some injuries. I'll be very interesting in seeing how Hawaii performs in the Sugar Bowl.