Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Hey pnwbeers and other Pac-10ers... how would you like facing Mike Leach every year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3138961

Quote:
Boise State's Chris Petersen, [b]Texas Tech's Mike Leach and former NFL coach Steve Mariucci reportedly have been contacted by UCLA about the job
[/b]
What's his highest finishing ranking? I looked into him a bit, and he's a pretty mediocre recruiter (top 25 classes are the exception, not the norm) and he's never won 10 games in a conference that such a performance is easier than in the Pac 10 (imo). But he's been pretty consistant at a place that's gotta be tough to recruit to and he wins regularly. Big game wise he's done okay. Not a ton of wins, but he has beaten teams with considerably more talent (OU twice and Cal a few years back pop to mind). I do think he'd be a step up from Dorrell, but UCLA is a tougher place to coach than it looks like from the outside. Brentwood is expensive as hell to live and the assistants are paid very poorly, and good assistants are critical in CFB. UCLA has overall the best athletic program of any university in the country, and they've won more NCAA national championships than any other university...but, football isn't the priority there. Nonetheless, he could get ahtletes at UCLA that the couldn't get at Tech, and that could make for one dangerous passing-spread type of team.

Peterson told the media today that he has no interest in UCLA. Take that for what it's worth, but he can definitely take a bigger leap in the next year or two if he holds out.

I guess my opinion is that they should've kept Dorrell. Not that I get any benefit from UCLA struggling, mind you. laugh