Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
say what? [Freak]

TT has just as good of a chance to recruit players as Texas does. There is a reason why players choose not to go to tech, who knows what that would be. Obviously you can get offense, but you don't get defense because your "great" coach appearently doesn't know what that means. Have you ever heard the saying "Defense wins championships?"
That's b.s. Tech is in the middle of no where, UT is the biggest school in the nation and in the middle of a big city. That's very attractive to players all over the nation. Don't tell me there's equal chance to get recruits. Yes, we can get offense, but there still not the top recruits like the big schools get. Matter of fact, they're the same amount of talent as the defense players that we get. BTW, yes, I've heard the saying and apparently no school in Texas has defense because no one has a championship.
Quote:
And why is this? because tech doesn't have the TEAM to even get to the big games.
Smaller schools usually don't. Still, like I said, we can compete and I think we might get more and more looks at big games.
Quote:
oooh I hate to say this, but I LOVED this, The Cal QB(which I can't remember because he is just not that memorable) ran his mouth about how pac 10>Big XII. Way to shove it in his face. [ThumbsUp]
That was great, wasn't it. I got my email read on the Jim Rome show who is a huge Pac-10 guy. He was running his mouth like usual and I can't believe he read my email. "Way to go Cal. Way to make the Pac-'1' look good". [LOL]