Luck or not, who played like shit or not, this is the greatest regular season game I've seen since since Miami-FSU in '91. What a game.

I thought ND I had a great chance, and they did. Truth of the matter is though, the difference between a very good team and a champion is coming through in the clutch. I bet my paycheck that when the game was over and Weis was in the locker room, he thought exactly that, and he would know.

The Irish had quite a few chances to shut them down on that final drive (3rd and 19, fourth and 9), but USC got it done. Couple that with the missed field goal (imagine how much pressure the kicker would have had on that last extra point that he missed if it were tied), and Notre Dame blew it in the end.

Were there some bad calls? Maybe. But USC shot themselves in the foot several times. A couple of clear interference plays, that personal foul when ND had a fourth down and almost turned it over deep in their own end of the field, just stupid shit. USC did play like crap for about 50 minutes of the game, but give credit where credit is due. Notre Dame did a good job exposing them, and Weis did a masterful job preparing his team for this game. USC got it done when it counted, though, and that's why they are what they are.

Instant classic, game for the ages, whatever you want to call it. Whatever you saw last night, I know what I saw, and that's one of the best games I've ever seen. [ThumbsUp]