Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]Actually they did get it wrong. By all rights Cal should have gotten a BCS game, as you no doubt agree. Of course they didn't get the game, they played like shit, and frankly got what they deserved (injuries aside) - but I'd still take last year's healthy Cal for 7 or 8 out of 10 against last year's Tech and comfortably put money on it.

Ok sounds good, you put your money on Cal vs the Big XII south #3 team(last year)...Michigan, a much better team than Tech was last year, would have beat cal even worse than tech did. Cal went into their bowl game talking shit about texas(talking about the cal QB) and got their asses handed to em.
[/b]
They did get their asses handed to them, but if you watched them all year, you would realize they played nowhere near their potential (unusual for a Tedford team) and they had some important injuries.

No excuses though, they lost fair and square - the way Tech outplayed them, they deserved to win that game.

Quote:
Now, the pac-10 did get their shot last year and the year before, so they got their share of games as well as all of the other BCS conferences.
USC didn't get their shot the year before, though it was so painfully obvious that they were the best team in the country they got the AP championship even though they didn't even play in the "national championship" game. You'll find few you'll find few outside of LSU fans that can say that USC wasn't the best team by far that year with a straight face.

You can try to disagree if you want, but the reality is that the Pac-10 really has been hosed by the BCS an unfair number of times and you'll find few that have closely followed college FB since the inception of the BCS that would disagree.

We need to go to a playoff system or go back to the old bowl alignments. I know you're a big-12 guy, so no offense, but it made me sick to see Texas in the Rose Bowl - if we stick with the bowl system the Rose Bowl should be a Big-10 versus Pac-10 matchup every year. Seeing another conference in there is like selling your sister as a prostitute.