Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
I don't know if Oregon would have beat Miami or not, but I know without a doubt that they were the only team in the country that had a shot. Nebraska had absolutely no business being there.
I absolutely agree with you. I thought the same thing then, I was pissed. Being a big fan of the "U", I wanted them to play the best challenge, which was Oregon. Miami would have still wiped the field with them, but that's beside the point. Nebraska did have no business being there whatsoever. 34-0 at halftime showed that.

That being said, I think it's laughable that so many said USC was the greatest team of all time last year? Uh, what about that 2001 Miami championship team? FSU, 1999? Nebraska in the mid '90's? The U in the 80's? Notre Dame back in the day? Uh, hello? They would have all given USC a run for their money. The 2001 Miami team would have kicked Oklahoma's ass in 2000 if they had been invited to the NC game instead of Florida State. That squad was just as dominant as USC has been the last 2 years.

Got to love the media!