Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Yeah, but I'm a Notre Dame fan as well smile , so if we lost out to ND, I wouldn't be as pissed. [LOL]

Still, back to the schedule, I'm just trying to understand how their schedule is weaker. Besides, they're the only team that really coulda shoulda have beat USC if they would have allowed instant replay (but that's their own fault).
http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3

hurricane.lsu.edu/_gbe/comppoll/comppollsos.htm

These are just the first two hits I got on google - Oregon is at 43/51 and ND is at 52/73. Again, neither is steller, but Oregon's is better.

When you consider the tougher or at least comparable schedule, 1 loss versus 2 (one of which to a 5-6 team at home), I honestly can't imagine you really think ND is more worthy than Oregon. But the BCS isn't about who's worthy, it's about money and that's what ND brings.

And I don't put too much stock in ND's moral victory over USC. They did play 'em tough, but they had 2 weeks to prep, it was a home game, and it was SC's third tough home game in as many weeks. Fresno played SC almost as tough and they did it on the road, and their only other loss is to a 10-1 Oregon, who they also played tough. Maybe they should be in the BCS too. [Uh Oh !]

PS - ND's bowl record against teams from Oregon as of late hasn't exactly been steller. [LOL]