Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Well again, Canucks Blues goes to game 6. IT has NOTHING to do with goaltending and all to do with the teams ability to read them game. Canucks found the groove,although late it looks like the mixing and shooting more is paying off.

Sunday should be sun.

Graham, I'll tape it for yer and throw in a 6 pack of Granville Island Lager.....
Yeah, the 'Nucks got lucky. I watched that game last night (on my future-father-in-law's 60-inch TV . . . very nice . . . considering he is from St Louis, he was very fun to watch the game with!).

The Blues manhandled the Canucks, again. Bertuzzi was ineffective, and so was Jovanovski. Too many of the goals were Osgood mistakes, he had a bad night (Naslund--bad bounce on soft rebound from Osgood. Sedin, another shitty rebound. And Jovanovski, shitty rebound). Only Ohlund's goal was a real good shot. The Canucks were able to capitalize on Osgood's mistakes, that's about it . . .

Cloutier made some nice stops, but that Weight PP goal in the third? Man, what a shitty defensive fuck-up.

I love the Canucks. But does anyone see any heart from these guys? They're technically sound, they're good, and they're winning. But where's the heart? The grinding? Fuck's sake, they ran Cloutier all night! They even let someone tackle Cloutier, after a whistle, and nothing was done!! For Christ's sake, guys, when someone fucks with your starting goalie, you make them pay! Someone should have been bleeding after that play. I love my Canucks, but damnit, they need to show a little heart and want to win . . . not wanting to lose is not the same thing . . .

I'm glad the Canucks won. And I will celebrate the win, and future wins. But I think the Blues let a golden opportunity pass. They stole defeat from the jaws of victory.