Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
Nothing for nothing, but you get rid of Cechmanek and who are you going to replace him with? I mean yeah oh well they lost in the second round, but look at the guys numbers for the season! 33-15 and 10 with a 1.88 GAA. There is nobody out there who can give Philly those kind of numbers in net that is available in my opinion.
Getting to the second round is not good enough, they expect to win every year. He doesnt want to be here anymore. Regular season stats mean squat. His teamates dont trust him. Veteran goaltenders whose contracts expire this year include Montreal's Jeff Hackett, Los Angeles' Felix Potvin, St. Louis' Chris Osgood and Fred Brathwaite. Four others still under contract who might be available include Calgary's Roman Turek, Tampa Bay's Nikolai Khabibulin, Buffalo's Martin Biron and Washington's Olaf Kolzig. Marty Turco and JS Giguere are both restricted but I dont see that happening. I think it may end up being Esche, who is not as spectacular, but always seems to make the saves he is supposed to make. Something you cant say about Cechmanek in any playoffs he has been in. Its not the great goals that sap a teams confidence, its the soft goals, and one a game in the playoffs doesnt cut it.