I took it to the dealership today to have them look at it. They are telling me it's the high-pressure hose. $410 to replace.

But they also confirmed my guess of 2500-3000 at fixing everything. Even though I told them only to check the A/C, they went ahead and said I need:

Spark Plugs $250 (I replaced them about 60,000 miles ago, so I don't buy that at all)

Fan belts - $220. That may be needed.

Heatshields rattlings - $110 to remove. (I'll deal with the rattling)

Front brake work - $810. That includes repacking the bearings. Um... no thanks. I can replace the pads myself and pack the bearings myself.

Power Steering - $240. I know this will need to be fixed eventually, but I can deal with it for now.

Valve cover gaskets - $550. (I will have to deal with that for now)

They also asked me when the last time the diff/transfer case/transmission fluids were changed and when the timing belt was changed. Did those already, thank you.

Edited by Mobycat (10/08/10 04:25 PM)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist