Originally Posted By: 05_X
""Jersey Shore". That seems to be the best America has to offer these days."

Of everything you've posted here over the years, that's probably the lowest blow ever.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you would say that.

This country .... on it's current track.... will have little to offer anymore. I used to be quite the optimist about America, but that is fading quite rapidly.

We have a political class that is ruling the country who show with an ever increasing veracity that they couldn't give a damn about the wishes, well being, and prosperity of those they have been entrusted to rule.

We have a media in this country that is activist and in bed with the ruling political class. They also no longer give a damn about the people with whom they have been given a constitutionally protected right to protect from an elitist governmental ruling class.

Our own government is now far more tyrannical than any of our founding fathers could have ever imagined King George's government was toward the American colonies. The American revolution occurred because of far less governmental tyranny.

We have a pop culture today that is basically straight out of an un-flushed and well used toilet. Television is loaded with shows that glorify the absolute worst people of our society. Low class people and rudeness are now major American entertainment exports.

I used to see signs at one time that said "The Revolution Will be Televised" Well, ..... there was no revolution that was televised.

You know what is being televised? The decline of the American civilization is being televised. It is being televised in vivid color and in high definition.

"Jersey Shore" (and the culture that enables it) is most definitely an example of the decline of the American civilization. But... compared to our political class, media class, and overall societal degradation..... it is far from the worst aspect of the decline of our civilization. It is a symptom. It is not the disease.