My relationship with my Xterra began in early 2002 when I purchased my 2000 XE used. Since then I've amassed over 140k miles, been places I never imagined, seen the unspeakable beauty of the American Southwest and Rocky Mountains and met some of the most wonderfully helpful people (also enjoyed good brews and hearty laughs with a few).

I took a moment to savor the memories just last week when I finally tossed out my original XOC t-shirt that was badly stained and torn, the faint smear of Ouray mud still visible on the shoulder.

The days of my relationship with my xterra are numbered though. My new professional job requires me to drive a lot and the X just isn't practical. I would love to keep the X and take it out on the weekends but lets face it; since I got married and had kids, I can count on one (maybe two) hands how many times the Xterra has seen anything more than a dirt road. I need the trade in value for a new vehicle anyway, no matter how small (I probably can't convince a dealership that having Shrock sliders, and full skids is an upgrade).

My wife calls my Xterra the "Banana Taxi" and refuses to ride in it anymore. So the search has begun for a new "responsible" vehicle. My heart will always belong to my X though. Believe me. At least I won't have to explain to every other knucklehead what a snorkel actually does anymore.

I check in here from time to time but I have to confess; my trolling here has been mostly selfish. I come here when I need something and very rarely come to share what little wisdom I've collected over the past eight or nine years. For that, I'm sorry. I should be a better member.

Anyway, I'm still here. I don't think I've contributed much worth mentioning but I've undoubtedly learned a great deal from all of you "old timers".