Originally Posted By: Gonzo-2
First, as you bought the truck used and don't know what the switch is for, you could either ask the previous owner or trace it back to see where it goes. That would give you some idea of what it is for. Second, test the fob by activating a panic. If that works, you know that fob is activating the alarm. You could also lock the truck and let it sit for a short bit. Then go back an just hit the unlock button to unlock the truck. Then not do anything. Don't open any doors. After a short bit (10 minutes I think) it should relock all the doors. If that works, then I'd feel comfortable that the system is working as designed (WAD).

It may be as simple as the security light is toast/disconnected.

Report back what you find.

-G

The "toggle switch" on the door I have reason to believe would be a Valet switch. That turns the alarm on and off if you valet the vehicle at work/restaurant/etc.

I had tried opening the door thru an open widow with the alarm activated. But when I did so, the alarm did not sound. Which I assume it would. As if someone used a slim-jim to unlock and steal your car.

When the door is breached while locked, the alarm should sound.

I've also tried tapping on the vehicle to see if that would make the alarm chirp or sound full. Unfortunately it did not.

Before the winter hits, I plan on having an auto start installed. I'll ask the install company if there is an alarm. If they find one I'll see if they can activate it.

Otherwise I'll just have a whole new auto start/alarm installed.