I currently run average of 15.5 to 16 MPG in my 01 2X4 manual...http://www.xterraownersclub.com/forums/images/markup_panel/default/bigger.gif (really needs an OD or 6th gear for higway travel...)

When I get home from Kuwait in Jan I'll be starting a MAJOR tune-up/overhaul of the X. I'm in the 195000 millage range and still on the original timing belt, so I'll be doing that job for sure. I'll be adding the K&N intake kit or a snorkel, replacing the MAF sensor, replacing the catalytic converters, and increasing the diameter on the pipes.

I'm also looking for somewhere that I can find some headers that do not require the elimination of the cats (since I have to pass an emissions inspection and they check to make sure you have them...) and possibly looking into a way to fab up a dual exhaust using 2 Super 44 Flowmaster mufflers.

If anyone knows where I could find some headers please let me know. Also if anyone has a dual exhaust set up I'd love to see pictures of how you have it routed. I like to do an X pipe rater than a Y and run 1 muffler on either side of the car.