There's a few choices, but between ARB and Shrockworks, I'd go with Shrockworks.

They're about the same weight, but the ARB uses 10 ga sheet metal for facing, and the thickest metal on it is 3/16" for the mounts, the Shrock uses 3/16" thick steel plate for the FACING, and 5/16" - 3/8" steel for the mounts and bracing, etc.

Both work with air bags (As do all of them...the bumper doesn't change anything there...)

Both are well made, and have good powder coating that holds up.

The shrock has thick, built-in recovery points that are PART of the mounts, so the recovery point is tied DIRECTLY to the frame of the truck, the strongest system possible.

The ARB doesn't HAVE front recovery points, just a shackle designed to hang your winch hook on when its not in use. (People who have accidentally used those for recovery have pulled them OFF.)

It primarily just comes down though to the the Shock using thicker steel, and not wasting metal covering air...

...and the ARB wasting steel covering air, which increases weight with no benefit (Other than styling...)

The ARB - due to the extra metal sticking out, has a worse approach angle than the Shrock...

..But, if you live where its OK to drive around with the winch exposed/in front of the radiator grill, etc...the added protrusion of the ARB does make room to top-mount the winch...but eliminates the option of a concealed mount.

The Shrock, due to being tighter to the X's lines, allows a concealed mount of the winch, but doesn't allow a top-mount.

So, some like the look of the ARB, some like the Shrock....that's a personal opinion.

For me, I'm a form over function guy...and I'd take the one that WORKS BEST.....and its gravy that the one that worked best, also looked best to me, so I got the Shrock, and its been GREAT.

laugh

Edited by TJ (29/11/11 07:34 PM)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif