And so it begins!

I received the LEDs and drivers in the mail today. I don't know when the reflectors or heat sinks will get here. (last I checked they were in damn New York) Anyway...

Took a little trip to my favorite (only) parts store up here in the high desert. Stood and stared at the copper pipe and fittings for a good 30 - 45 mins; playing with stuff and fitting stuff together and looking crazy. But, I do that often enough that the store workers don't even ask if I need help anymore.

Since I don't have all the pieces yet I could only buy a little bit of everything. I only got enough stuff to make two lights for now.

Here's the LED

Here's the driver

Here is a copper 3/4" copper end cap

I had to grind down the PCB a little...

to make them fit in the end cap

Here the LEDs are hiding in the end cap (I don't have thermal epoxy yet so this is just a test fit)

Soldered the driver and LEDs. The driver is meant to be used in a flashlight so that was fun to solder.

Wires attached, holes drilled, LEDs in the end caps

2004 World Champ - 4x4 Man Trans - Silver - 3"SL+2"BL - Revolvers - Rancho RS9000XL's - Rancho RS5000 stab w/IAB - ARB rear locker - 34" BFG MT's Soft 8's - Blood red Shrock Sliders - Mean Green 180A - Optima 31 Bluetop - U-bolt skids - Hz+dB's