DAMN, It was like looking back in the old Yearbook.. the OLD one. AlohaX, Pikachu, Oleg, XOC, Electroken, MobyCat, Aquamander, Richard Krenn, SouthernX7.... Sniff.. sniff.. PapaX passed away about a year ago.

I'm still working on the Ambulance. We ran a crash the other shift. Minor finder-binder. One of the cars in the crash was an Xterra. I busted out laughing and my Paramedic looked at me like WTF.. I told her about the story on XOC that every time an Xterra Club member got into a crash they would post photos, THEN we would swoop in like vultures and circle the post for days waiting to get any part we could.. it was like organ donation. Siderail to South Carolina, Roof Rack rail to NY, Headlight to AZ, Rear bumper to CA, If we would have had smart phone back then the truck would have been parted out before the insurance people got to the scene. Only thing left would have been the POS gas sucking motor sitting in the middle of the road.

Still have my 2000 SE 93,500 miles on it. Bought it with 36. Paid it off about 6 years ago. We use The boss ladies Toyota Highlander Hybrid for any trip we can. Gets 24mpg fully loaded. As my stickers fade I shed a tear and take the razor to it knowing that THIS time it will not be replaced. Believe it or not I still had the SEXclub sticker on it. (South Eastern X Club)until last week. Wipers stopped working last week (the motor works fine something is jacked up on the arms) and I have to call and set up a time to get a new paint job. She is looking rough. Roof was painted in 08. I spend about $1,000 a year to keep it going, It is slowly going up.

We we bought the X, I told her that we would "drive it all the way down to Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, in Argentina. The gateway to Antarctica" Took us 11 years save enough money to go on vacation to Antarctica. Sadly we could not take the X.

We have $5,000 left on her Hybrid and then the X will hit the road. I will take her Hybrid and she is going to get the Red Jeep that she has wanted for the last 17 years. Until then OLD but still kicking...
Member number #112 Aug. 20, 2000