Originally Posted By: superrandomguy
Thanks for the further explanation.

To further explain on my end:

I had originally accidentally re-installed the bar with the anchor bolt tightened all the way to the cross-member (giving me no room for adjustment).

After realizing this mistake, but before researching online, I loosened the rear anchor to a point where it was completely parallel with the cross-member, I also removed the 3 bolt retention bracket and torsion bar from the LCA side and rotated it once I had created slack by loosening the anchor. This gave me more room to adjust the rear anchor upwards. It seems the only thing I ever really failed to do was adjust the rear anchor upwards and actually apply torsion to the bar (which raises the truck).

If what I just explained makes sense (I realize it might not without pictures), doesn't this accomplish the same thing as removing the bar from the rear anchor?

FWIW, last night I was able to raise the truck to match the ride height of the drivers side suspension. The drivers side has remained untouched since I purchased the truck (aside from replacing the shock), so i used it as reference for adjusting the passenger's side (close to) stock ride height.

It looks like the truck sank back down 1/4-1/2" over night (but not as low as it was originally) , so i'll have to re-adjust. Is this normal, or did this happen because I didn't re-index the bar correctly as you've explained?

The settling is normal, but is why you need to drive it around after an initial adjustment to "Settle the Suspension" before doing the final tightening...IE: Adjust by eye, drive it around...re-check to see if its "Settled", and, if so, adjust again, and then drive it again, rinse/repeat, until it stays the same...THEN tighten down the lock nut and call it a night.

To be sure you don't get into trouble on the T-bar adjustment:

Remember that the LCA is twisted DOWN by the bar...and the other end of the bar is twisted UP with the lever/adjuster finger to raise the truck...

So UP on the adjuster needs to cause rotation DOWN/outboard at the LCA.

As long as you are doing that, you will be OK...but some people doing it that way accidentally cranked the bar the opposite way...jamming the stops.

Check to make sure that you have a minimum of 1/2" - 3/4" of gap on the upper bump stops, if you have at least that, you're good to go. (It will at that point be ~ 1.5" higher in front than stock...MORE gap would mean LESS height over stock).

Increasing the gap to ~ 1.0" is close to stock ride height. (A little gap = a lot of height change)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif