Originally Posted By: Grimm0ne
Thanks TJ,

only thing that i want to get is the rock sliders for starters as my "nerf" bars look well plan lol (till i tuch them up with some paint)

but i see what your saying as it aplies to r/c too, different tracks, different groves, so thats tires/diff setups/shocks etc that need to be tweeked.

thanks for the input

OK, here's an example of a build path:

IF you want sliders, you ALSO want to know if you are going to want larger TIRES.

This sounds odd at first, but, on the 2000 - 2004 X's, you can fit UP to 32" tires w/o a body lift.

IF you want 33" or larger tires, you need a body lift (BL) to make room in the (Mostly front) wheel wells....or, go mad max, and remove the fenders and/or parts thereof that the tires hit, etc.

So - IF you want 33's...you want a BL typically to FIT them...and, that means, you need to do the BL BEFORE THE SLIDERS.

The reason for THAT is - They MAKE sliders FOR the 2" BL, and, in non-BL versions.

So, if you don't have a BL, and you get sliders for the non-BL, and then later want 33's...you then DO a BL, but have sliders for the NON-BL.

laugh

See what I mean?

All THAT means that, most likely, as almost every one DOES want 33's on their 2000 - 2004 X, you will now need a 2" BL (Or 3" BL...) along with SLIDERS FOR the BL.

You then install the BL, and, THEN the sliders, as the BL version sliders don't fit a non-BL X.

Go with the Shrockworks sliders and the BL, that's a great combo btw.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif