When my Nissan Key Pad, failed and I discovered that Nissan does not carry them anymore, I was very dismayed. I NEED a keypad entry. I spend a lot of time in the ocean and keeping a key on my person is not realistic.

I purchased an aftermarket (Accele RS505) product and installed it so it mimics the driver side door lock/unlock switch. This all works fine. Unfortunately, the "Vehicle Security System" doesn't like it and goes off when the door is openned. After finding that the VSS is documented in the "Body" chapter of the ESM rather than "Electrical", I find that the VSS is disarmed by the turn of a key. The wiring diagram shows that being a ground signal on pin 7 at the BCM (Body Control Module). (The lock/unlock signal to BCM for the switch are also gounds.) Unfortunately, grounding this pin does not work. Does anyone know how the door cylinder switch really signals the BCM to disable the security system?

For now I have lock the keys in a reasonably accessible in the Xterra so I can get them quickly to stop the alarm.