2000 Xterra, V6. Timing belt broke driving 50 mph. Engine turns over. (Belt only has 60k on it)
If my valves are bent, I need to scrap the truck. What is quickest, cheapest way to test? I don't want to replace the belt and then test it, don't want to take the time to pull the cover so I can rotate cams to do leak-down or pull the head covers to check valve clearance.
Thinking about renting a bore scope to look in cylinders for evidience of valve hit on pistons? (If I can find a scope to rent).
I did a compression test on 5 cylinders (rear driver's plug is SOOOO hard to get out, even after I took hood off, using mirrors etc) and 45 psi on 4 cylinders (one has 60). I figure some/most(?) should have the valves closed at any given time, so all of them being low would mean certain valve damage. Is this line of thinking corect? (compression gauge is a Snap-On, so should be accurate).

Any other ideas on confirming if my valves are shot??? I'm pretty confident they would be, but have read via my searching of people who had belt break while drving and only had to replace belt with no head work, so I figure it is possible....