Rebuilt fuels injectors......

Well, one of them quit after 2 days, the car went onto 5 cylinders, began smoking terribly, and began literally drinking gas. I suspect my earlier thought about the grease in the gas was actually that injector all along and that it was intermittently sticking open.

Happily it was #1, which is a 5 minute job to change, and the computer immediately said #1 misfire making it easy to head to the problem cylinder.

Pulled all the plugs and #1 was black, and wet and I could hear gas dipping and sizzling as it hit the hot piston.

Took that injector back, they had no rebuilt in stock, so I got my money back for it, and bought a new one ( just 30 bucks more ) to replace it, and all is well again.

It did cost me almost a half tank of gas in just under 40 miles of driving, and an oil change because gas had made it into the oil, but at least I didn't have to pull the intake off again.

I'll post again if any more issues, but right now, I have a less than "warm and fuzzy" feeling about rebuilt injectors.

If any more of the rebuilds fail, I will take them all out and replace with new.