Quote:
Originally posted by beanik:
Walrus's bungee gave me an idea.
A Lobo Shelf easily releasable from the back with the front end solidly fastened but able to rotate could possibly swing down and somehow fasten it to those holes that are supposed to be used for the front cargo cover to serve as a pet barrier. Dual purpose shelving. I'll give it a look next time I'm at the hardware store, that could be a while though so some of you folks with more time on your hands if you get a chance to try this let me know how/if it works.

Hey Beanik,

Depending on how you mount the rack in the front (closest to the passenger seats), it can easily swing down into a pet barrier. That's the way I'm using it right now. However, the bottom of the 'shelf' does not attach to anything. The way I cut the shelf you need something to secure it in the down posistion. It works best if you have a medium to large size dog however. But then, what self respecting XTerra owner would have a Taco Bell dog!?!!?

I cut the shelf up so it kinda follows the contour of the roof, and used the bottom rung of the shelf to mount into the cargo hooks (a.k.a. 'Walrus Style' ), although I'm sure it would work either way. You just need some way to strap it down (I'm using a bungee cord hooked to the metal square shaped brackets that the seats latch to when the seats are in the up posistion).

I'll post pics of this later on.

-Tim

------------------
'00, Alpine Green, 4x4, XE 3pk

"I know... Everybody's funny... now you funny too!"

[This message has been edited by Mtik (edited 06-12-2001).]