Quote:
Originally posted by Ed & Jess:
Fronterra -- After reading the owners manual and seeing that I'm cleared for takeoff, I wanted to know if you had trouble when you towed your chevy with the X. I'm getting ready to move to Louisiana from Cape Cod Mass and I want to tow a '95 Dakota which weighs about 3000 lbs. Did you use the full car carrier type of tow or the dolly?
Thanks in advance.
Ed
Since you are moving from Louisiana to Cape Cod, mountains won't be to much of and issue depending which way you go. When I went through the Cumberland mountains in Tennessee, I had to unhook the S-10 because the tranny on my X was heating up and spitting out fluid, luckily no damage to the tranny, I had it checked in Nashville. I rehooked up outside of Nashville, and was good to go until I got to Wyoming, and got near the Rockies. I unhooked again in Wyoming and we drove 2 vehicles into Cali. I had the S-10 on a 2 wheel dolly. A full car carrier is too heavy in my opinion. So on the flat land and small hills, no problem. I was able to do 70 mph with not much problem. Mountains will definately challenge you and you need to unhook. My wife is from Rayville, La, where are you moving from? Good luck on your trip, keep me updated. [ThumbsUp]