I just received and installed my Calmini rear bumper and tire carrier this weekend. Ok here's the low down, bumper is made to take abuse. However for $1,000 (bumper, springs and shipping) I was hoping to atleast get a 50 cent sticker or better yet a set of instructions. Granted 95% of it seemed to line up and make sense after looking it over a few times from different angles.

Most of the bolt holes had such a tight fit (on the bumper part itself) I had to be careful not to damage threads while lining things up. Not a bad thing in the whole scheme of life though ....however...

My big issue right now is that trailer hitches DO NOT FIT IN THE RECEIVER !!!!

I have the following items I use monthly in my receiver: Cargo Carrier, Warn Shackle, 2" ball set up for landscape trailer and a bike rack for the mtn bikes. The only thing that fits is the Warn shackle (which I've only used maybe 4 times)

I tried to get the trailer hitch to fit in but now way. Even a 3 pound mini sledge wouldn't work (figuring it was just the coating that was globbed in the opening or something)

I'm fearful to grind any real metal off the bumper because then it'll rust like eveything aelse and if I grind away from the hitch (ball and mount) I'm setting myself up for a trailer accident.

It was Saturday when I installed it and it's Sunday now so I have to wait till Monday to call Cali to gripe , but has anyone else had this issue or does nobody actually use the trailer hitch? Also did yours ihclude 3rd brake light and license plate lights? I paid for and received the extra pices for the 3rd brake light but no lights and I can't find a trailer shop or RV place that makes/sells/carriers a light that fits either. So now what?

I've seen pics of X's w/ the lights on the rear bumper so something must work....pls help.

confused