OK, from all accounts this thing is awesome. It should help me figure out exactly something I was wondering on my Christmas drive back from New Orleans. I understand the relationship between speed and MPG (of course, the faster you go, the lower the mileage). I normally cruise at about 77 MPH (speed limit being 70) but this time set the cruise at 82 MPH and it was the first time my MPG was just truly horrible (14.3) on the highway. It was surprising that the mileage was about 3-4 MPG less than I'm used to.

Seems this gizmo will let me see the actual MPG at different speeds and I'd be interested to see a comparison between the MPG at say, 55, 65, 75, and 80.

Also, the trip was my first on a new set of Toyo Open Country A/T's (at 35 PSI). I've read that the mileage will be less on A/T's than on a highway type tire but realistically, how much difference will that make? And the Toyo A/T tread doesn't look nearly as different from a highway tread as some do (see below). Thoughts?

P.S. Didn't mean to steer the thread off-topic...will repost elsewhere if necessary.