I've had the Surco Urban rack for about 3 months. Had it loaded several times and never experienced any problem.

When I put it together, I wanted to test how "strong" the floor boards where and I stood (all 220 lbs) on a two floor boards between the load bars and there was some flexing but nothing unexpected. Still I though about getting a third load bar and spacing them out better. Somehow, having only 2 load bars for a 5 foot rack does not seem to be enough.

If I had the lights like you mentioned, I might even consider getting an extra two load bars and placing them near the end of the rack. This should give youe the extra support.

As for the screws coming loose, get some thread lock. Make sure you get the light duty one otherwise you won't be able to remove the screws. I had a similar problem with my version of the Thor Shelf (mine has baskets that swivel on a bar attahced to the ceiling tie down screws) where the screws were working themself loose and the thread locker stuff worked great.

I think LocTight makes two version a Blue colored and a reb colored one, the Blue is light Duty and the red is heavy duty or Permanent.

Gabe