It was Brent's drivers side wing, and it got knocked off, there's pics. The fact that one part was left hanging like a rag doll doesn't change the meaning of what's been said.

The problem for ALL the bumpers, except the Shrock, is the distance between the tire and the bumper...and I have bigger tires than Brent, and mine clear my bumper with room to spare...because the way the wings sweep back on the TJM, ARB and Calmini brings them closer to the tires than the Shrock does.

Yes, the ARB and Calmini have tire clearance issues as well, but the wings don't get knocked off, because the wings are an integral part of the bumper.

So not ANY bumper gets the wing broken off, JUST the TJM...others, except the shrock, might hit, but the wings are a part of the bumper.

And, if I were to mount something like 38's, I'm sure at some point even the Shrock would hit it...but up to 35's seems perfectly fine...the others have trouble with 32's, etc.

In an impact from a front corner, say a lay over or errent traffic, etc...the TJM offers little protection at the wings, they are esssentially cosmetic bolt on's in that circumstance.

The Shrocks, and I imagine the Calmini's, would take the hit, and protect the corner...the ARB has really thin metal, and would probably crumple or bend, but not fall off.

So - you can try to convince me that you made the right choice, or yourself, it doesn't matter, as long as you like it, and accept that it is not perfect, just perfect for you, and accept its short comings gracefully, as a part of accepting it for what is is, the perfect bumper for Jeff.

laugh

The TJM was perfect for you Jeff, we all see that.

laugh

You are a serious wheeler, you do your homework...you make your opinions known...we just don't always agree with you...just like you don't always agree with us.

Thats why there is more than one vendor for each mod, and they are all making a living...nothing works for everyone....and everything works for someone.

laugh

I'm not trying to convince you to sell the TJM and buy a Shrock, I'm explaining why I like the Shrock better, and clarifying the items that had remaining confusion.

Please, keep the faith, don't let me or the result of MY homework sway the result of YOUR homework...let's keep our eyes on our own papers.

laugh

I heard that Woody Allen was caught cheating on a Metaphysics test, he looked into the soul of the boy next to him...

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif