Shlepping My Own Product?

I have one, but,.... I don't make them or sell them...I get nothing from someone buying one...and I assume Jeff gets nothing from TJM....

Not sure where the idea came from that I work for Shrockworks....I don't if you need confirmation...I absolutely do NOT work for Shrockworks.

I'm a fan of their stuff, and think Jim Shrocks a good guy and all, but I have no idea where the "my own product" thing came from?

Jeff and I go at this all the time, its kind of a game...its not like hypnosis, where he and I bring unwitting souls to TJM or Shrockworks or whatever.

Jeff picks a product to champion as an alternative to one I suggest, and we go back and forth. Its healthy, and allows a good discussion on the merits of each product.

Ironically, my initial post says its not for everyone.

We just disagree on the results of our respective research...I see a solid wing as an advantage, he see's a removable wing as an advantage, I see concealing the winch from theft as an advantage, he see's more access to the winch face as an advantage...and so forth, I see thicker metal as an advantage, he sees delivered price as outweighing that, etc...we are both right, for us, and I believe I said things to this effect quite a few times.

Yeah, I use smilies...I smile a lot in real life, and its an expression...I'm me online and off.

I also never said anything untrue in the comparisons between the bumpers...and I meant what I said about Jeff, I rushed the composition a bit, and if it came out giving the wrong impression, I'm sorry, I do think he's a good guy, and just hates quitting an argument before the other side concedes...and I used to be like that, but its not a big deal anymore....

The consensus concept is based solely upon my own impression of what I see and hear, and I said it SEEMS to be the best, because I believe it seems that way, to me....and most people I have contact with believe the same thing....hence its seeming to be the best in a consensus....so if most people I wheel with think it, thats a consensus.

Presenting as facts is a strange phrase, I said seems to be, etc...not "Based upon the latest statistical analysis certified by an independant accounting firm of..." etc.?

I will be the first to reiterate something can be generally the best, but not the best for everyone...just like an X, its not the best truck for every one, etc....but the consensus here is that is the best for us...but we have daily posts from people who are fed up with SOMETHING about the X, mpg, power, whatever...so, its not the best for everybody.

I also believe from a utility point of view its the best as well, AND completely agree that its subjective, and what's important to me, like approach angle, may be outweighed by not being able to remove the wings for someone else....and I mentioned that that's why they make all those different brands...there's something for every one....which is decidedly NOT the same as NOT giving any other option credit...

We are talking about bumpers ferchrissakes, not how to elect the next pope or acheive world peace...I would have thought we could banter about the topic w/o getting hot under the collar/political/religeous about which is the best bumper.

laugh

So - Saying one type of bumper is better, and insulting anyone who disagrees is OK...but posting a smily or twelve and itemizing the differences insults the entire Xterra community?

I think I give a lot to the community. I take the time to help the newbies out with questions that others yell at them for asking, because they don't know its a problem yet....and I feel bad for them.

I can't believe anyone would look at the body of my posts here, or on similar boards, and decide I don't give, and that I'm an insult to the community.

And to give me a TROLL rating? ME? Come on...I'm the anti-troll.

laugh

You might want to re-read what ever gave you the wrong impression....and re-calibrate your opinion (Not about what bumper, that's not the important part...), about who I am.

laugh

PS - I just noticed the winky thing after the insult thing....see what happens when I'm rushing around? Sheesh.

:rolleyes:

(The Shlepping thing remains the prime issue.)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif