Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
OK - Looked up consensus.

It means what I thought it did, a generally held belief...
Happy new year. laugh

Damn you're a talker. None of this bullsh1t is necessary, though.

It doesn't matter what you think the word consensus means.

None of this changes the fact that you have made claims that were unfounded, presented your own opinion as fact or consensus and generally tried to make the advantages of the non-Shrock bumpers sound superficial and insignificant.

That's deceptive and manipulative.

I've always liked Jim's products and have never said anything negative about them. But your "used car salesman" tactics are actually harming your beloved Shrockworks.

The difference between you and every other poster in this thread is that none of them are megalomaniacal enough to present their opinion as the consensus of the entire community. I have respect for all opinions presented. I will not, however, accept one person's (or even several people's) opinion as a consensus in a community of thousands.

What you have attempted to do is just plain dishonest. [ThumbsDown]

Unfortunately, it was probably slick enough for most folks to buy into. [Freak]

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:

EDIT...BTW, If anyone was still wondering, my vote is for Shrock. It's the toughest, best looking (IMHO), and hides the winch (a good thing if you ever park in a place where someone might be tempted to take it). The extra $$$ is worth it!

wink
Adrian:

While I've already listed my reasons for buying the TJM, I can certainly respect your opinion that the Shrock is the best one. What I can respect even more is the fact that you have presented your opinion as your opinion instead of trying to "railroad" people into agreeing with some "consensus".

P.S.: Hiding the winch is not an advantage. It is no more difficult for a potential thief to notice it or steal it. Loctite is your friend in this case. I'll take a cradle-type with a winch cover anyday, but my suspension wasn't ready for the Calmini.