I'm on my second set now. The first set were some expensive ones I bought at a custom shop in Oct. last year. I had no problems at all (w/ the exception of one $%^&$ cop who insisted that they were illegal even though I showed him the certificate stating they were DOT approved). But physically they ran fine. I just recently bought a second set from E-bay and like them even better. They were both 80/100 but the light from the new ones is noticibly brighter and very pure white (not really blue). One thing to do is check the Xenon content inside the bulbs. Most run a 15-20% Xenon mixture in them (not pure Xenon). The ones I got are 30% (I think those #'s are right...).

One more thing to note is that Xenon actually is supposed to burn brighter and at a lower temp. than standard halogen bulbs so I doubt that is why the harness would melt.

I'll let you guys know if anything happens with these new ones but so far I've had them about a month and they work fine.

Shortbus

------------------
"If you are having a bad day and it seems like people are just trying to piss you off. Just remember it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 2 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle."

"Since the internet has no walls or fences, why do we need Windows and Gates?"