In general, a higher wattage bulb will not last as long as a lower wattage. 3 to 4 months, whilst a 45/65 can go for years? That is a bit of a stretch. I have 3 months in on mine so far, I expect them to last a couple years. This is what I have found in the past when using higher wattage standard halogen bulbs. In fact I have never had a higher wattage lamp burn out on me.

If you are considering the bulbs from JCW, why not get the Hella bulbs also listed above. Same output, but you get a brand name behind it for less money. I have the JCW bulbs, and would have bought the Hella's if I was aware of them at the time.

Next, PIAA's 45/65 = 85/115 (or whatever) is BS, IMO. Some people like the color difference of the light output, I don't care - I want more lumens. I've seen the PIAA superwhites in another X, and you can see that the bulbs have a light blue coating on them. This can only _decrease_ the amount of light. I have yet to see any technical explanation of why your eye would be more efficient utilizing a restricted set of wavelengths. But, again, some people like them.

TimR

------------------