IMHO, the stock bulbs are a little on the dim side and the beam pattern isn't all that good. I tried out the PIAA Superwhites. The light seemed better but the beam pattern seemed a little worse than the stock bulbs. They do have a whitish glow to them. Next, I tried the JC Whitney 55/100 blubs. Light output seemed stronger but the beam pattern seemed about the same as stock. I had them in my X for about 3 months and I was getting a little concerned about melting my connectors so I bought some Sylvania Xtravision 9004 45/65 bulbs from Kragen. Sylvania says that they are "30% brighter than ordinary halogen bulbs". I don't know if that's true or not. The bulbs seem a little brighter than stock and the beam pattern seems better than stock. I dunno, I'll just stick with the Sylvanias for now. I've heard good things about the Hella Optilux bulbs. However, I've also heard that they also have a high failure rate, I think they blow out in about 4-6 months. What's the best bulb out there? I think the jury is still out on that one.

------------------
2000 SE 4x4 5sp Alpine Green