I had been talking to a few dealerships looking for the best price on a new Xterra. One salesperson from Metro Nissan proclaimed no one could beat there prices. So I strole on in and start chatting away, and one of the first things the salesperson asks me is if I wanted write up an order right away. Knowing this was just another sales trick I said no for the time being.
At this time they did not have the exact Xterra I was looking for. (Silver XE with all the options) But, they say, we have a whole bunch coming in any day now. I believe them and after aruging back and forth about a price and many trips back to see the manager we settle on a fair price.

And now the fun begins. They ask for a $500 deposit. I break out my check card, to which my girlfrind said don't put it on that. she decieds to write a check, a check the promise not to cash until the car comes in and I deciede to buy it. Guess what a few days later they cash it. We were so pissed off they completely lied to us. Needless to say I bought a Xterra from a different dealership.

Sorry so long, just needed to vent

Joe