I kind of had the same thing happen to me except it wasn’t a Nissan dealer. I took my X into HiFi buys to have them install some better speakers. When the installer cam and said my vehicle was ready and brought me back to the install bay. He said that there is a little problem. I said “what little problem?”

He took me around to the passenger door and what I observed was that the installer had taken the hinge bolt out of the door. When he attempted to put it back in he broke it off. I spoke with his manager he told me to come back the following Saturday and he would get the screw out. I said fine even though I was highly pissed off. I then went to GPN (Gwinnett Place Nissan.) the next day. The service advisor was very surprised. He asked me how that happened I told him and I asked him for an estimate, the estimate he gave me was $125.00 I thought to my self that wasn’t bad for a big f--- up.

I went back to HiFi buys on Saturday. The installer manager explained to me what he was going to do. I told him I don’t care what you do as long as that screw comes out the threads aren’t stripped and you don’t scratch the paint. After about an hour I went back to the install bay. What I saw is that he had made a bad situation worse. The manager had broken the drill bit off in the door. Now I had a screw and a drill bit broken off in my 2 month 3 week old Xterra. I was just a little pissed off. The manager said well may be you should take it to Nissan and have them do it. He told me that all I will have to do is bring them a bill to get reimbursed. I told him that I don’t have an extra $5-6 hundred dollars lying around because that is probably what it was going to cost now that he made the situation worse. I ended up leaving with out a resolution because I wanted to go back to Nissan and find out what the new cost to fix the door would be.

GPN told me that it would be about $350-400; they gave me an estimate invoice for $425.00. I went back to HiFi buys and asked for the store manager. I explained the entire situation to the manager and told me that he was sorry for the damage to my vehicle. I showed him what had happened. We went back into the store and I showed him the invoice from Nissan he said that is a lot of money. I stated yes, it is I am glad that you see it that way. He asked me why so much. I told him that if the install bay manager would have just let Nissan fix it in the first place it would have only been $125.00 he said you have got to be kidding he looked very annoyed at the other manager. He said alright I can get you the $425 I said what about some type of compensation for my time and gas. He said unfortunately I can’t compensate you for that. I said fine all I want is for my vehicle to be repaired. He stated that our insurance company will mail you a check for $425 in about seven days.

Well it has been about three weeks now and no check. I am going to give them till Friday then I am going to call and find out what’s going on because I would like to go and get my truck fixed because some one is going to open my door and it is going to fly back and bend a finder or something so I feel your Paine man. I wish you luck.