My truck is in damn near perfect condition. I have bit the bullet for all regular services and maintenence and done the oil change every 3,500 miles or so. There is no one that is more anal retentive with their vehicle than I am.

So I pull into my parking lot at work yesterday and there was smoke coming up from the right side of the hood over by the vent. I pop the hood and see it coming from back around the tranny fluid dipstick. I look underneath and sure enough it was tranny fluid.

So I took it to the dealer this morning just to check and make sure it wasn't the front tranny seal. He comes back after the 45minutes and tells me that the fluid is coming from the breather tube because the fluid is overfilled. He then said that he looked and since they didn't do my last transmission flush they would have to charge me to do it: $54.00

He then tells me to go to the dealer that I did the trans service at and they should take care of it. So I head over to the other dealer and they tell me that my transmission was serviced 18,000 miles ago and if it was overfilled then it would have started seaping at the time. And since it's been so long they are not responsible.

They then said that it was probably topped off or overfilled at the dealer that did my last oil change. Guess who that was? Dealer number 1 !

So aparently no one is responsible for overfilling my tranny fluid. Santa Claus must have come to my house, opened my hood in the middle of the night, overfilled my transmission fluid and he's sitting in his house right now laughing his ass off that I have to pay someone $50 to flush my transmission.

I realize that that half hour is cutting into dealer profits, but why is it that NO ONE EVER STEPS UP and takes responsibility for anything EVER. I felt like I was talking to my kids going back and forth from dealer to dealer.

NOT ME.
NOT ME.
NOT ME.

This Not Me person seems to screw up more crap than anyone realizes.