Quote:
He flat out refused me service and said he would not service my Xterra until either:

A) I got the lights and CB radio/antenna professionally installed, OR

B) I uninstall all the wiring and take the lights and CB radio and antenna off the vehicle completely.
It's becoming more and more of a trend that any after market RF equipment, especially radio TX equipment like CB's, ham and business radio's is setting big RED FLAGS with all service centers. As vehicles ( all makes ) become more computer depended for everything there is a greater risk of stray RF energy causing intermittent problems with what appear to be unrelated systems in a vehicle. Not that it excuses the dealer/mechanic's attitude. That's nothing more than piss poor customer service.

Quote:
Not all 'stealerships' are rip offs.
But trying to find a good one is getting harder and harder.

I'm not trying to impress anyone, and no, I don't know everything about anything, but I have been a certified ASE master mechanic sense the early 80's so I'm not stupid about vehicle service. I have found a very telling way to see the honesty and integrity of a dealership I am thinking about buying a vehicle from. I hang around the service writer area for while on 2~3 different days. That will tell you real fast what type of management is running that dealership.