Here's the fax I used. I compiled it from a variety of sources (including offroadx). Notice, no price is mentioned - the goal is to get them to come up with the best deal. The secret is to let them know you are shopping, and then follow through! You can find all the Nissan dealers near you at Nissan's web site. Don't be afraid to go a ways from you - I used a dealer 35 miles away in a different state eventually - was well worth it!

Quote:
Attention Nissan Sales Department:

I am ready to purchase a 2002 Xterra. Please skip the sales pitch, I have already decided to purchase an Xterra! Please only respond with a quote, as requested in this fax. I'm ready to buy the vehicle NOW, if the price is right. If you are interested in my business, please provide me a quote with your best out the door price. Please seperate out the base cost of the vehicle from any taxes, fees, etc. I am going to want to see a line item accounting for any and all charges before before I agree to anything, so lets save each other time and just provide it up front. I know that Nissan is offering a $750 Factory to dealer incintive - please account for it in your quote.

I am soliciting quotes from most every Nissan dealer in the Washington DC and surrounding area and a few online buying services beginning this week. I am looking for an SE 4x4 Supercharged V6 5 speed. I would also like the towing packages and sunroof, if available.

My preferred color is Shock Blue. Solar Yellow or Sedona would be my second color choice. A model without the supercharger would be considerd if the price was right. I don't want anything on the Xterra that it didn't have on it when it came off the transporter. No pinstripes, no rustproofing, no dealer badges, etc. Please inform me up front of any dealer-applied/installed items.

If you have a suitable vehicle in your inventory, in transport, on allocation, or from another dealer, please reply with your quote on an out-the-door price, including freight, tags, title, taxes, and any dealer fees (which may be negotiated). Also provide the VIN number of the vehicle, odometer reading and how soon it will be available for delivery, along with what it will take to lock it in (deposit, etc.)

This quote should be made without consideration of trade-in or financing, those will be discussed once a suitable vehicle has been locked in.

The best way to contact me is via email or fax. My email address is XXXX and my fax is XXXX.

Thanks,