Forgot to add my email back to her:

Thanks for getting back to me. Julie, I do understand profit on dealerships. I also understand what a factory holdback fee is (Many people don't know holdback exists, including many car salesman, as this goes directly to the dealer, and it effectively reduces the dealer's cost of the car.)
Theres also a floorplan fee that I am aware of.
All of these fees are included in the invoice that dealers are quick to show. The invoice what you show is not what your dealer paid for the car. Everyone is quick to say "I'll give you $1 dollar over invoice". Do you really think that a dealer can make a $1 profit and survive? Thats alot of cars to sell!
The 5% profit is calculated in another spreadsheet and is not 5% profit over the invoice, its an estimate over the invoice minus the above fees mentioned..
Lastly, the dealer to factory rebate is not $1,500. This is the dealer to consumer rebate. I am willing to wager the factory to dealer rebate lies in the neighborhood of $1500 to $2000, giving the dealer more profit than mentioned to Bill.

Quote:
If I sell you the Xterra for $23954.42, I will be at a LOSS of - $231.58. Nothing for nothing, I don't know many businesses that sell to LOSE money, they certainly wouldn't be around long. Just as I am sure if you OWN your business or work for someone, you aren't working for FREE or to LOSE money either. I am sure you understand that.

I urge you to send this over to your fleet manager and renogiate. Bill called at 12pm. He said the 23,900 thats on the spreadsheet is good to go. This leads me to believe there is a lot of room left to negotiate.
Thanks for your input and I look forward to hearing from you.

[Laughing]