While shopping around for our XTerra we visited our first (Merchants Nissan in Concord, NH)

My wife was "just looking" and hopped out of our car while I kept an eye on our newborn.... but the sales-scum ( I know, not ALL sales folks are slightly higher than pond scum on the evolutionary chain, but this one could really use some evolution!-) made a bee-line to her from across the parking-lot, and really started to put the screws to her... I loaded up the newborn and got out of our vehicle and intervened.

He starts blathering about how "hot" these are and how they cannot keep them on the lot, and we are lucky to have come there because they had 6 of them, etc.

We asked for a test drive and he refused stating that we need to make sure we qualify for financing before we can go for a ride.
I showed him my letter from NMAC stating I was already pre-approved, he didn't care.

I asked him about the sticker prices and why his prices were $2000 MORE that what Nissan said the base MSRP was.
He said it was becasue of price differences between option packages.
I knew we were "being worked" and decided to throw my best volley back at him... let him know he's not dealing w/ some podunk that just crawled out from under the tractor. I showed him the print-out from Nissan's "build your own" web-page and said "I want _this_ vehicle with these option for this price." I replies, he laughs loudly in my face and exclaims "Not for THAT price you are not, at least not here, that's for sure!" "Okay, fine we'll buy our XTerra from Port City Nissan over in Portsmouth, then." and we start walking to our car.He starts "playing the game" and say's "let me take that print-out to my Sales Manager and see what he can do for you." At this point I told him "No thank you, your flippant cavalier attitude is unacceptable and I'd rather buy a Geo Metro than every buy an Nissan from Merchants, but go ahead and get your Sales Manager out here so I can tell him exactly WHY I will NEVER do business here!" he declined my invitation to speak directly w/ his manager.

The next afternoon my wife was happily driving her new XTerra from Port City Nissan.

------------------
John Gunterman
Hooksett, NH