I am looking at doing some 4 wheeling. Thinking about the usefullness of a Hi-Lift. I have read some links I found here in the 4x4 forum and found an article about the necessity of the Hi-Lift. The guy who wrote the article owned a jeep which may have outside jack points than an Xterra.

I wanted to know where the Hi-Lift could be used on a stock Xterra 2005. Can we lift the Xterra by the bumper or would it crumple/bend the bumper? I see people mention to use it on the rock sliders, but I thought I read something that indicated that one should only jack up one wheel at a time. Using the rock sliders would jack up both wheels on one side. Are there any other lift points on a stock Xterra?

Does anyone use a rubber or plastic liner on the Hi-Lift? I looked at one of these and I would think they scratch the rock sliders, or surface that is supporting the weight of the Xterra. I checked the Hi-Lift web site and I see the bumper adapter, but that appears to be for the chrome bumpers. Are there any liners that will not tear the paint/liner off the rock sliders?

Thanks,